Sep 12, 2011

Summer Holidays | Project GERAÇÃO TECLA (from the volunteers’ perspective)

During the summer break, Project GERAÇÃO TECLA ensured the occupation of the kids’ free time. Here are some of the volunteers’ testimonies:


My name is Cristiana Silva, I am 15 years old (almost 16) and passed to the 11th grade. The activities performed here have been very important for the development (both social and psychological) of the kids. They are fun activities suitable for the children’s ages, where they can mingle and understand the differences among each other. I think they are having a great time and it is a good way for them to pass the time.

I am Sara Sá, I am a volunteer, I am 15 years old and just passed to the 11th grade. I think the Red Cross is playing a big role in educating these kids. The activities are very well prepared and I enjoy being a volunteer.

I am Ana Sofia I am 16 years old and am a student. I am a volunteer because I like kids and enjoy teaching them how to be good citizens. I think the activities are very productive and the kids like them. Out of the proposed activities during the week, I think the kids enjoy the most going to the pool and trips to museums. In general I think all the activities are productive and educational. About Geração Tecla, I think the team is well organized and it is a great educational project for these kids.

My name is Marta, I am 26 years old. I am from Warsaw, Poland. In Braga, I work as a European Volunteer with Noora and Yasmin. Now, during the summer holidays I work with the kids every day. We play games, go to the swimming pool or visit museums.

I like working with our kids, although sometimes it can get pretty exhausting because they are very active. I think all the activities are interesting.

I am Alexandra Araújo, I am 18 years old and I study at the university. During the summer camp I hope for activities that will enrich teamwork, knowledge of new places and the possibility to do new things that we haven’t tried before.
 
I am Susana, I am 20 years old, I am a volunteer of the Red Cross. I hope that the summer camp will turn out to be what the children expected and there will be plenty of recreational activities and sports they want, with an interaction between the kids, which will encourage team spirit and fellowship. I also hope there will be a lot of sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment